Improve practice and speed the development of new therapies
Increasingly, patient registry programs are supported and sponsored by groups like yours: medical specialty societies and patient organizations.
With over 180 patient registries and observational studies since 2011, IQVIA has helped some of the world’s leading associations drive quality improvement programs. Affected the course of treatment development. Elevated the quality of patient care.
We provide a full range of services including strategic consulting, program design, technology support, data science and analysis, and quality assurance.
We created the IQVIA Registry Platform specifically to meet your needs.
- Multi-tenant architecture, data modeling and robust data warehousing, so you can operate multiple registries and sub-studies on a single platform
- Intuitive web-based interface to minimize training requirements and create consistency across registry programs
- Self-service features facilitate staff work while minimizing software development costs
- Master patient index to allow cross-registry analysis, reporting and tracking
- Advanced EHR and medical device integration capabilities minimize data-entry and remove barriers to participation
Case studies in specialty services
Our teams have advised, designed, and implemented registries for some of the world’s most prominent patient and medical specialty associations.
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines®, impacting more than 80,000 patients annually.
- The American College of Surgeons (ACS) uses IQVIA’s Registry Platform to deploy multiple patient registries with robust metrics to improve the quality of surgical care.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s CF Patient Registry, hosted on an IQVIA technology platform, allows caregivers and researchers to identify new health trends, spot effective treatments and design clinical trials.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), IQVIA prepared a landmark guidebook on patient registries.
Interested in learning more? Contact us.